Teacher Assistant -Early Learning Center
The Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting a Teacher in a classroom with general supervision and management of a classroom of children. Classroom staff is responsible for children’s whereabouts at all times.
Teacher Assistants report directly to the assigned classroom Teacher, to the Administrative Assistant and then to the SCCOG Program Director of the Children’s Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Be to work 15 minutes prior to shift in order to begin work on time.
2. Personally call supervisor and Administrative Assistant in the event absence is necessary. Prior written notice is to be requested unless employee experiences emergency illness. Texting and leaving message to call off is not an option.
3. Assist in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the Teacher.
4. Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed material and supplies and general care for children daily.
5. Teacher Assistants are responsible for children’s whereabouts at all times.
6. Supervising the classroom professionally in the Teacher’s absence.
7. Helping with general housekeeping tasks daily.
8. Prepare and distribute child incident reports in a timely manner.
9. Assisting the Teacher in any other appropriate way necessary.
10. Treating all children, families and staff with dignity and respect.
11. Employee must be cognizant to gossip and not partake.
12. Attend all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences when necessary to do so. (Licensing requirement 15 clock hours per year.)
13. Participate in professional development and organizations that work towards the improvement of early childhood education.
14. Keep accurate attendance, meal and child assessment documentation.
15. Assist staff and parents as needed.
16. Maintain professional communication between classroom staff and parents.
Center hours are 7 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Teacher Assistant hours are based on enrollment needs and are assigned accordingly. This exempt position does not qualify for overtime or a benefit package.
· Required High School Diploma or GED
· An AA degree, CDA or ECE credential is preferred with experience in an Early Childhood classroom or program.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Clear Background check.